Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Love Logitech

I love Logitech. Today I called their customer support, and they're definitely one of the best customer supports I've ever dealt with (plus their products are great), and that's saying something coming from me. But for the story let's rewind:

So my wrist in my right hand has been starting to hurt, and sometimes the pain goes up to my elbow, and I suspect the culprit has been excessive laptop usage. Particularly, trackpad usage. I don't ever use a mouse, and now my wrist hurts whenever I start using my trackpad for more than like 5 minutes. It's not good. But I've always had a mouse! I've had a nice, comfortable, bluetooth, optical, Logitech v270 ($60) since I bought my computer, but I stopped using it a while back because my left click button was getting screwy.

Fastforward to today when I'm fed up with having to use a not-so-responsive-clicking mouse, and I'm searching the internets to find out how I can crack the thing open and fix it. I find out that the mouse has a 3 year warranty with almost no questions asked or documentation required. Needless to say, I call up Logitech.

They tell me my mouse is still covered under warranty, I don't have to send it in, they'll just send me a new one, AND they'll even upgrade my mouse to a newer model! Now I'll be getting a v470. Bluetooth and LASER. And the whole call took like 5 minutes, a record for any warranty replacement stuff.

I love you Logitech. You're awesome.

P.S. Logitech ties with iRiver for best customer support. I once needed to replace my $200 MP3 player, and they graciously sent me an upgraded player lickity-split. Too bad iRiver's kaputz now.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh iRiver. Sad it didn't work out for them. I wish my iPod had a sound recorder built in like nearly all of those did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot about the one with the pop-out camera...

    ReplyDelete