Sunday, February 1, 2009

Old Bookmarks

So I was going through some of my old Firefox bookmarks and I happened to find the following neat webpages:

1) How to Price Your iPhone App Out of Existence
Yes, it's about computer stuff, and yes, it's about Apple stuff, but that's not why I like this post. This blogger is for the most part writing about economics, and I like the analysis he gives of the pricing of iPhone applications in the iPhone app economy. The one problem I have is that he kind of ignores elasticity of demand, so when he suggests people should raise the price of their iPhone apps from $0.99 to $9.99 he forgets about the drop in demand from that. But nonetheless, it's a neat look at pricing iPhone apps.
http://www.losingfight.com/blog/2008/11/15/how-to-price-your-iphone-app-out-of-existence/

2) Is Google Making Us Stupid?
So this one is about how Google is affecting our lives and the way we think. In reading a summary of this article, I read that the author argues that the fast results-oriented nature of our current Google-ized culture is destroying our attention spans. One result of which is that we no longer read those long magazine articles and settle for the short newspaper and readers digest versions. Now the funny part is that I have to say that I know of his argument only through a summary that I've read because I haven't actually taken the time to read the whole article just yet (lolz.), but I do hope to... someday.
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/google

No comments:

Post a Comment