Sunday, February 1, 2009

+1 for Google

If you know me well enough, you probably know that I never go to www.gmail.com (that's why I'm never on Gchat). "But then how do you ever check your email!?" you say? Well I've been using Apple Mail, a program like Outlook which allows me to do all my emailing without having to use an internet browser. One thing I really like about Apple Mail is that it allows me to read my email while offline. An advantage that is no more, as Google is rolling out a new feature in Gmail that allows people to read their email while offline. Not only that, but you can do it in the comfort of the familiar Gmail interface. So if you guys have ever wanted that feature, be sure to check it out in the "labs" section as it becomes available over the next few days.

Now if they would just create an option to turn off that stupid conversation view, I might actually go to gmail.com...

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/google-makes-gmail-available-offline/

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with the conversation view? I personally like it. It keeps things organized. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete