Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big Banged Theory?

Names are redacted, of course.

Linus: my roommates have started calling [former girlfriend] 1.0, [recent fling] 2.0, and this new french-photographer- girl, [new girl], 3.0
1.0 was the great release, 2.0 the buggy released too soon version, and 3.0 no one really knows
3.0 is getting some testing this week at coffee
i will be wooing her while simultaneously convincing her not to work for me
Me: at least none are betas
Linus: well, 2.0 should have been
Me: now under this scheme, is it possible to upgrade?
Linus: 2.0 was like shareware; after 10 days she up and stopped being of any use and now just nags me
Me: and what if 1.0 comes back? does she become 1.1 or 4.0?
Linus: upgrades are possible, albeit heavily discouraged; legacy code is a bitch to deal with.
Me: and um, you're supposed to send shareware around to your friends, so they can try and see if they like it
if yes then they pay, if no then constant nagging ensues
did you do your civic duty to shareware?
and have you encountered any open source software as of late?
Linus: ok this metaphor has been stretched too far
Me: it's going on my blog.
Linus: just don't cite me
lol
or [school redacted]
context though - "my friend has a specific type of girl he goes for"
im just nervous about that biting me in the ass some day
Me: uh-huh
should've gone off the record buddy

Obviously, my friend's name is not Linus, but points to whoever gets the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment