Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I've been telling all my friends, so I should probably tell you too.

Not to say that you're not my friend, of course. But anyway, what have I been telling everyone? To go here. The National Alliance to End Homelessness's (NAEH) blog on, well, homelessness. As I've been saying to everyone else, I can't emphasize how much I've been wanting a blog on homelessness from a reputable source. And, well, the NAEH is one of the most reputable around. Anyway, just from skimming the most recent posts there's a ton of information there, from a brief history of homelessness to why homelessness exists. The page also makes mention of an article by Malcolm Gladwell, Million Dollar Murray, which is a neat article that kind of gives an overview of the distribution of the homeless and can give some context on the issues facing policy makers today. It also features Dennis Culhane, the professor I've been doing research with at Penn!

Anyway, be sure to check out the site. If you end up liking it, also be sure to subscribe to it and comment on it or something! Anything to give the site more hits so it can keep on writing!

http://abouthomelessness.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. hi nicke (or is it nick?),

    thanks for the shout-out! no worries, we'll keep blogging - and if you have any thoughts or ideas or things you want us to blog about, feel free to drop us an e-line.

    -catherine
    (the blogger at the Alliance)

    ReplyDelete